Prospectus and Registration Forms is available from following places. (School Campus & Selected AXIS Bank Branches)
DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL BARASAT
Pirgacha, Taki Road, P.O- Badu, P.S- Duttapukur,
Phone: +91 98361 23331 / 98749 23500 / 8100 478389
Various Concessions - For Academic Years 2022-2023, 2023-2024 & 2024-2025
On Admission / Tuition Fees
- Avail 50% concession on Admission fee on transfer from recognised Schools (Class KG I Onwards).
- Concession of Rs. 10,000 (on Admission fee) under ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’.
- Concession of Rs. 10,000 (on Admission fee under ‘Sibling Offer’).
- 7% concession upon total fee payment at the time of admission.
- Special Concession of Rs. 5000 (on admission fee) to be
applied only for Deserving Candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Delhi Public School Barasat. Please read the following Rules & Regulations properly before applying for admission. Delhi Public School Barasat & Delhi Public School Megacity Kolkata are two separate institutions. Admissions are non-transferable.
Filling up the Registration Form:
- For Online Application: The registration form is to be filled in BLOCK LETTERS and submitted in online. On successful submission, the printout of the form to be submitted to the School Office (between 10 am – 3 pm) within 3 days from the day of online application. The parent/guardian is requested to bring the Acknowledgement Receipt (issued at the time of online payment)along with relevant documents at the time of submission of Registration Form.
- For Offline Forms: The registration form is to be filled in BLOCK LETTERS and submitted in person, to the School Office (between 10 am – 3 pm) within 3 days from the date of issue of the form. The parent/guardian is requested to bring the Original Money Receipt (issued at the time of purchase of Prospectus) along with relevant documents at the time of submission of Registration Form.
- It is mandatory for the parents to furnish only the correct information in the Registration Form.
- Age criteria should be strictly maintained. In any case if the child’s age does not match with the class he/she is seeking admission, the management holds the right to cancel the registration. (Refer Age Criteria)
- Registration does not imply admission, which is subject to admission tests/observation/interaction and availability of seats.
- Date for examination / observation / interaction will be intimated during registration. However, these may be changed, without prior notice, by the School Management without citing any cause.
At the time of registration, duly filled up and signed registration form for students is to be submitted at School Office along with the following documents photocopy:
- Both copies of the Admit Card is to be brought at the time of Admission Test / Interaction. The Parent’s Card is to be retained by Parent / Guardian and is required to be produced to collect the child after the Admission Test / Interaction is over.
- For admission to Nursery, KG-I and KG-II there are no written tests or interviews. Candidates are encouraged to interact freely with the teachers and are given various toys/ coloured pencils to play with. This test judges the mental development, physical ability and basic communication & comprehension skills. Parents’ interaction will be held on the same day as of the child and both parents should be present.
- There will be written tests for students seeking admission for Class - I onwards on the following subjects : English, Maths, G.K., Vernacular language.
- No request for change of dates for Admission Test / Interview/ Interaction will be entertained.
- The final list of selected students will be put up in the School Office. Parents have to collect the selection letter from School Office on the same day of declaration of result.
- The admission formalities will be intimated to the parents/ guardian of the selected candidates along with the fee payment slip through selection kit. The admission fees is to be deposited within the due date mentioned in the selection letter, fee slips.
- The requisite documents mentioned in the selection letter along with the photocopy of the fee slip to be submitted within the specified date for securing admission.
- It is mandatory for all students (Class I onwards) to submit the Transfer Certificate and Report Card / Mark Sheet from the last School attended. No student will be admitted to the school without the submission of an official Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended, nor will the student be placed in a class higher than that for which the Transfer Certificate shows him/ her to be qualified.
- Fees once paid at the time of admission are not refundable even if the child does not attend school, in any case except the Security Deposit, in case of withdrawal. Security deposit (Refundable) will be refunded only when all dues to the school are cleared.
- The School Management, acting through the managing council, reserves the right to have the final word in all matters relating to the admission procedure. For the Challenged candidates: DPS encourages education for all the children. But as we are not equipped with special methodology for the challenged children, we humbly request the parent not to apply for the admission till we are equipped with such facility. If, in spite of the limitations, such children are incorporated into our system, the school cannot be held responsible in cases of their lack of adaptability, deficiencies in the art of comprehension, failure to meet the required academic standards and inevitable constraints in the path of holistic development.
- Students will not be admitted to a particular class until they have been assessed. The School reserves the right to admit them, only to those classes for which they have been found fit. The TC and marksheet from previous school should prove that the child qualifies for the class applied for.
- Admission will only be granted on the basis of assessment for the class in which admission is sought.
- Students seeking admission (Class I onwards) cannot be admitted until a Transfer Certificate and Report Card / Mark Sheet from the previous school is produced.
- Fee once paid cannot be transferred or refunded. Only security deposit amount is refundable, if all dues till the current quarter is cleared. Please refer to the Fees Structure section overleaf.
- Admission does not guarantee transport facility. The School reserves the right to extend transport facility to the students on availability of seats and the stoppage requested. School’s decision will be considered final.
- Parents are requested to follow the guidelines and School’s rules mentioned in the Almanac, and should periodically check the same for information & instructions provided by the school from time to time.
- Admission will be considered complete once all formalities are completed and Transfer Certificate, Previous Class Marksheet & Character Certificate are submitted to the school office within the stipulated date.
FEES & BILLING:
- Fees once paid at the time of admission are not refundable in any case except the Security Deposit amount in case of withdrawal. Security deposit (Refundable) will be refunded only when all dues to the school are cleared.
- Session, education and Transport fees may increase as determined by the School’s Management.
- Security deposit will only be refunded once parent / guardian intimate the School in writing and apply for the Transfer Certificate / cancellation of admission for his/her ward and all dues till the current quarter is paid. The school is not liable to return the amount paid at the time of admission in any circumstances, whether the student has attended the classes or not from the beginning of the session.
- Once the new session commences, security deposit will only be refunded if tuition fee (and transport fee if applied for transport) upto the relevant quarter is paid, otherwise, it will be considered as forfeited. Transfer Certificate will only be issued against application for the same in requisite format, if all dues are clear. For further details please refer to the Withdrawal section in the school almanac.
- Annual Fees are charged for the financial year – April to March.
- Please ensure the full payment of the relevant quarter. All quarterly fees must be paid on or before 10th of the first month of the relevant quarter.
- Payments are to be made in either of the following methods : (only at the time of admission)
Po/Bank Draft in favour of “DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL, BARASAT” payable at Kolkata. (To be submitted at selected bank branches).
Cash deposit at the selected Bank branches.
Please note that cheques are not accepted.
- Any “extra / excess” fee paid, queried and found admissible, will be refunded after receipt of the application for the same from the parent.
- No student will be allowed to join/ remain in school unless all outstanding dues of the previous term and the current year’s annual fees paid in full.
Age of the candidate (as on 31.03.2022) based on the birth certificate, which will determine the eligibility of admission to a particular class.
Parents should apply for admission in the class in which the student is eligible.
The Transfer Certificate and Marksheet from previous school should prove that the child qualifies for the class applied.
* Transfer Certificate & Marksheet required from Class - I onwards. (To be submitted at school office after academic session begin)
Tentative School Timings:
|Nursery – Class - II
||Monday - Friday
||08:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
|Class III to Class VIII
||Monday - Friday
||08:30 a.m. - 02:30 p.m.